What do icebergs, swans and Solo Expenses have in common?
On the face of it, there’s nothing remotely similar about this unlikely trio. But in one significant respect, they’re pretty much identical. Are we having you on? Sounds like it – but our blogger Stuart Pearcey says not. Here’s why…
Is it size? No. Is it colour? No. How about smell? Or taste? Or shape? No, none of the above.
The linking factor is what’s not immediately obvious, out of sight but there all the same, the part you can’t see that helps make the part you can see into what it is.
Of course, it’s not actually invisible; it’s there to be discovered, or how would we know about it?
For the iceberg, it’s the vast frozen bulk of the berg supporting part on the surface.
For the swan, it’s those powerful underwater limbs paddling away to create the graceful glide on the surface.
And for Solo Expenses it’s, well, it’s a lot of things. There are so many that the easiest way to grasp them all might be with a list. (bloggers do love lists) – but that approach risks losing the really deep but very helpful dimension of our expense management system.
Hidden benefits of the Solo Expenses expense manager app
- We’ve proved how cost effective it is (low charges plus significant savings equals extreme cost-effectiveness)
- We’ve proved how easy it is to use (it’s on a smartphone, one finger of thumb records and collates all your spending)
- We’ve proved how fast it is to get started (it’s almost ‘click, click, go,’ and you’re up and running. Look, you’re closer to being a better expenses manager in less time that it takes to say)
- We’ve proved how versatile it is (don’t need the expense categories we’ve set up? No problem; create your own. Instantly)
- We’ve proved its universality (you can manage expenses at any time, anywhere, so long as you have a WiFi connection)
And here’s the hidden hidden benefit
You don’t know what you don’t know about expense management until you’ve explored the Solo Expenses free advice section.
You see, we’ve been in the expense management app business since 2003, so we know a thing or two about it. And we’ve condensed that knowledge into a library of downloadable, free, added-value helpsheets that you can have now, with our compliments, even if you’re not a customer.
What you’ll discover
Where do I start? Here are just a few snippets of what you can find in our help library.
- Four in five UK workers think it’s OK to fiddle expenses, and two in five think it’s a legitimate way to boost their income (they’re not our stats, by the way, but taken from a Travelodge survey)
- Expenses fraud costs an estimated £1billion every year in the UK alone
- The purpose of the HMRC form P11D; what it is, and how to complete it
- The UK rules for reclaiming VAT are different for Staff Entertainment and Business Entertainment expense categories.
- The world of VAT on expenses is complex, and it’s easy to understate or overstate your liability
- Mile for mile, rail transport has half the carbon footprint of going by car. Flying has six times as much
- Mileage validation can cut an organisation’s expenses bill by as much as 14%
- Help for finance managers – ten simple questions to help you assess if you need an expense management solution (you might find it’s a no-brainer as early as question 1)
Visit the Solo Expenses web site now. Explore the advice we offer at no charge whatsoever. Download it. Read it. Broaden you own knowledge. Make your business better with its help.
If you’re already a customer, thank you. If you’re not, read the case studies from companies who’ve already made the discovery about how we can support their operations, and then decide to join them (you won’t be alone – we have customers in almost 100 countries, which is something else hidden beneath the surface of our small but very powerful expenses management app…)