13 motivational quotes from Authors
Sometimes work seems to big a hill to climb, and you could really use some help. Solo Expenses is ready to give it, in the first of our occasional series of blogs featuring helpful quotes from professional groups. We start with authors…
Being in business can be a tough and lonely place, no matter if you’re a startup or a serial entrepreneur. And then times are tough, there is little comfort to be gleaned from being told that others have been there before you, and more will tread the same path after you.
The trick is to find your motivation from somewhere. Anywhere. Sometimes you can do it from within; sometimes it might be from the faces smiling back at you from the photo on the desk, pinned inside your locker door or in your wallet. And sometimes it could come from someone you may never have heard of, but who knows where you are at this moment.
Read our 13 motivational quotes from authors and let them speak to you now…
When you get into a tight place and everything goes against you, ‘til it seems as though you could not hang on a minute longer, never give up then, for that is just the place and time that the tide will turn. Harrier Beecher Stowe.
- Always do your best; whatever you plant now, you will harvest later. Og Mandino.
- A creative man is driven by the desire to achieve, not to beat others. Ayn Rand.
- Perseverance, secret of all triumphs. Victor Hugo.
- Setting goals is the first step in turning the invisible into the visible. Tony Robbins.
- It was on my fifth birthday that Papa put his hand on my shoulder and said: ‘Son, if you ever need a helping hand, you’ll find one at the end of your arm’. Sam Levenson.
- In the realm of ideas everything depends on enthusiasm; in the real world all rests on perseverance. Goethe.
- Do your work with your whole heart, and you will succeed. Elbert Hubbard.
- If there is a chance in a million that you can do something, anything, to keep what you want from ending, do it. Pry the door open or, if need be, wedge your foot in that door and keep it open. Pauline Kael.
- Your big opportunity may be right where you are now. Napoleon Hill.
- I love deadlines. I love the whooshing noise they make as they go by. Douglas Adams.
- Love all, trust a few, do wrong to none. William Shakespeare.
- If you must have motivation, think of your pay-check on Friday. Noel Coward.